Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eggless Bread Pudding!!

I was looking at all of the crescent rolls that we had left over from Thanksgiving (about 15 or so) and thought that I should use them to make something yummy- and then it hit me!  Bread Pudding!  I made an eggless bread pudding with skim milk and it was yummy!

I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and then I tore up the rolls and placed them in a greased 9X13 pan.  After that, I took 1/2 cup of sugar and sprinkled it on top of the rolls.  Next, I poured 2 - 2 1/2 cups of skim milk on top of the rolls and added some semi sweet chocolate chips (1/3 cup) sprinkled on top.  I then 'squished' the bread down with the flat side of a fork so the rolls would soak up the milk.  I placed the pan in the hot oven for 40 - 45 min.  It will puff up some.

After taking it out, I made an icing of powdered sugar and a tiny, tiny bit of water (it should be as thick as icing that you drizzle).  Slice the bread pudding and pour the icing on to each ind. slice.  I hope that you all enjoy this as much as my husband and I did!  *side note- my husband said that it tasted even better the next day.  He warmed it up in the microwave and then did the icing.  Good luck and Enjoy!

~Casey

  

No comments:

Post a Comment