Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

It is funny how we all say how thankful we are for the people in our life right now and the loved ones that we have lost.  Instead, we should be thankful for all of the people in our lives, good or bad, because that has helped to shape and mold us into the people that we have become.  Maybe we have gained a bit more compassionate or even have the ability to stand up for ourselves.  I feel as though everyone has been placed in my life for a reason and I am grateful for the many relationships that I have had along the way.

My parents are a gift- God gave me the best parents in the world and the best brothers, too!  My husband is my ROCK and I am not sure where I would be without him.  Our little girl is a precious angel and because of her, I now know the true meaning of LOVE!  Our nieces are perfect and beautiful and our nephews are wonderful, too.  I am thankful for my sweet sister in law and am grateful that she makes my brother happy!   I have great cousins, aunts and uncles - I just wish that we could see each other more often.  My mother in law and father in law are fantastic, loving people and I am so happy that they are mine.  I am also thankful that Samantha has 4 grandparents and 2 great grandmothers that she knows and loves very much.

My friends~ the saying goes 'Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves.'  For my family, this is very true.  I have had friends in my life for a long time, for a short time and for some time in the middle of life.  For everyone of you, whether we speak or not, I am thankful for you.  I have learned something from each of you that has helped me grow as a person.

I am going to end with a quote, but before I do, I hope that everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and has time to sit around the table to remember all of the people who have touched their lives.

'People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.  When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do'   -unknown

~Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment