Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lent

We are now in the Lenten season and this is a time to take the focus away from our selves and put our focus back on Jesus.  We do this by giving up something that we really like for Lent and using this time, energy, etc. to put our focus back on Jesus and His 40 days and 40 nights, walking thru the desert, bearing the Cross.  So, this year I thought long and hard about what I am going to give up and the one thing that I rely on when I am having a bad day is my ice cream.  Yes, I know that it sounds crazy, but thru everything, ice cream was the one thing that would make me feel better.  I am going to take these moments, instead, to pray and to think of what Jesus went through for all of us.  I guess what I am saying is, instead of feeling better from a scoop of ice cream everyday (and yes I look forward to that scoop everyday) I am going to take the focus off of myself and use this time to thank Him for dying for our sins.  I hope that everyone has thought a lot about what they are going to give up for Lent, or even better, what they can do for Jesus during this Lenten season. 

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend with their friends and families. 

Love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment