Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Just a couple of things....

So, I went to Target the other day with my Mom and grandmother.  I had to get a few things and then head home- when I was taking everything out of the car, I realized that my hand sanitizer was in the plastic tub that I had bought.  I checked the receipt and realized that I had not paid for it!  YIKES!  I called Target immediately (they giggled at my honesty) and today when I was there, I paid for that bottle of hand sanitizer!  I know you all must think that I am crazy for making such an ordeal out of this, but this is a very important lesson for everyone- especially our children.  I told Samantha not to use the hand sanitizer until Mommy paid for it and before I could finish telling her I was going to pay for it- she screamed 'You stole?!?! Momma you are in BIG trouble!' After her rant, I was able to explain to her that it was an honest mistake and that as soon as I figured out that it had not been paid for, I called the store immediately.  I was able to explain to her that everyone makes mistakes, but as long as you tell the truth and then fix the situation, everything will be OK!  She was very happy that I was not in BIG trouble, but more than that, I am happy that she learned an important lesson about telling the truth.

I also wanted everyone to know that this weekend we will be participating in the FAAN walk for food allergy awareness in Houston. Please see the link below to donate to Team Samantha!! FAAN is a great organization that has educated my family as we learn to live with our own food allergies.

http://www.foodallergywalk.org/site/TR?team_id=74352&pg=team&fr_id=2250&et=iVS8Byy8G6PVSo2v_AQHzg&s_tafId=28662

I hope that everyone is having a great Wednesday!

Samantha, GG and Mommy! 
~ Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment