Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Growing up!

It's really funny how life changes- it seems as though it revolves in cycles. When I was a young girl, I really wanted to be around my family. They were my safety and I always felt secure around them. Then as I got into my late teen years, I felt safety in my own independence. I would go out on my own or with my friends- I had my own car, and at 18 yrs of age I was legal! I was finally able to vote, go to bars and I was even legal to order my own drinks!

After a few years, I had met the love of my life (early 20's) and we were starting to plan a future together! I realized then that I needed both my husband and the rest of my family! Whether it was for approval or just someone to model our life after, I needed all of them to be a huge part of our life. Fast forward a five + years.... Finding out that we were pregnant and planning for our new baby girl! This made me realize that I needed to be strong and independent to set not only a good example, but to make sure that Samantha was well taken care of. For many years, I have been extremely independent- as my good friend once told me "You have to put on your big girl pants and deal with it!". And that is exactly what I did for almost 6 years!

Now that Samantha is in school and doing well, I have a lot of time on my hands and I realized something... Yet again, I really miss my parents and my brothers and their families. I enjoy my parents visits a little bit more than I ever have before and I look forward to going 'home' to see my brothers and there families. It is nice to look back and remember the different points of my life and really think about what was happening and how it accounted for the independence that I had or that I didn't have at that time. I can't wait to see where the next few years take me, but I am ready for the ride!

My Dad and I
My Mom and I
This is my Dad holding me with my grandfather, cousin and older brother.
My sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment