Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Here goes nothing!

Here it goes...

Recently I have hit a place in my life that has spun me around- call it mid life crisis, having the 'blues', OCD/ Anxiety- whatever it might be, ice cream has gotten me thru this time of my life... of course with the help of my husband, family and friends.... BUT ice cream has been the best therapy- shhh! don't tell my therapist!

The realization of both mine and my daughter's allergies (mine - all seafood and daughter - all peanuts and tree nuts) along with her congenital heart disease hit me like a ton of bricks!  So, with that, our family has decided to not eat out for now and we have come up with some fun recipes and and things to do as a family- picnics, movie nights, game nights, etc. instead of frequenting restaurants.  This has been fun and challenging all at the same time. The hardest part that I have found is the need to pre-plan before we leave the house.  Whether it is a homemade granola bar or Goldfish in my purse, I need to have something to hand over so no one will 'starve to death'!

Seriously, I believe that as Moms and Dads we all experience fears for both ourselves, our spouses and our children.  Realizing that I was not alone was such a huge relief- parents have been in this 'place' before and it will not end with me.  I am so happy to be able share my experiences, recipes and crafts with everyone. OH Yeah...  the ice cream- I LOVE Blue Bell Homemade in the Shade and I have a mug every night before I go to bed!





        

No comments:

Post a Comment