Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 6, 2012

It's been a while.... AGAIN!!

Writer's block!  Yep, that  is what I will call it!  I feel like every time I sit down to write something, I have no inspiration, well, that is until the other day.  I was thinking of ways to help me with my anxieties- journaling- check and daily prayer and meditation- check... What else could I do?  As I sit in my chair covered by an afghan that my Granny spent many hours crocheting for Kevin and I, it hits me- I should crochet!  My Granny taught me how to crochet when I was a little girl and what a great gift that was.  So, I got in my car and went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some yarn (boy are there a lot of choices)!  I came home and crocheted a pretty cream colored, curly scarf and I am going to give it to my Granny next weekend!

It is so nice to realize how loved we must have been and still are.  My Granny crocheted a blanket for every one of her grandchildren, her own children, their spouses and not too mention the extra blankets that she crocheted for our families 'just because'.   I can't even begin to imagine how many hours she spent making these blankets for us.  We never had a 'store bought' blanket in our home when I was growing up and God help you if you took one of your siblings afghans!

So, with that, I am excited to have made this scarf and bring it to my Granny- making it brought me so much happiness and wonderful memories.  People show affection in many different ways- and this was one way that my Granny showed us how much she loved us.  I will post pictures of Granny and her new scarf next weekend.

OH and the other reason for writing today- BLUE BELL'S HOMEMADE IN THE SHADE is back in the freezer!!  YAY!!  I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

~Casey

Granny and I

No comments:

Post a Comment