Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 10, 2012

MAKE UP!!

I love MAKE UP!  I have been a very brand loyal customer until recently.  In my own opinion, there are certain parts of brands that can be interchanged with a lesser expensive version.  For example, I have always used Christian Dior Extase mascara or Bad Gal Lash mascara (both are around $27 a tube) until I tried the Ulta brand mascara, Lash Icon ($10 a tube), and I LOVE it!! It goes on smoothly and it makes my lashes look very long and full! The next thing I have tried is eye shadow.   Maybelline has a 24 hour cream eye shadow that I use just about everyday!  It is really great- I will even put a little on before I go to the gym and it does not sweat off.  I do, however, continue to love my Dior shadows and I have not found a powder eye shadow that is as soft as Dior's yet.  I have always used the Dior Airflash (air brush foundation) which cost $65 per can!  It is wonderful and I love it, but I was going thru it so fast.  I did find another air brush foundation called Aero Minerals, this was also found at Ulta.  It is a great substitute for the Dior Airflash and the Aero Minerals only cost $14.99!  I have tried and tried to find a good substitute for Bare Minerals powder- I have tried L'oreal, Revlon and Maybelline's mineral powder and there is no comparison- Bare Minerals powder, in my humble opinion, is still the best.  Eyeliner, I like to use gel eyeliner, it is smooth and it goes on with a brush so easy and it is so light on your eyes.  I have used Bobbi Brown, Dior and Maybelline's and believe it or not, the Maybelline brand went on the easiest and I did not have to keep reapplying to get the liner darker.  Maybelline also kept its moisture in the pot better than Bobbi Brown eyeliner.  Dior's liner stayed moist, but it need 3 or 4 applications before I could get it to the shade that I liked.  Lipstick- I think I have 50+ lipsticks at one time!  This is definitely my favorite part of make up.  I use Revlon, L'oreal, Dior, BUT my two favorite brands are Chanel (lipstick and gloss) and Buxom (lip plumping gloss)!  I have been purchasing the same color of Chanel lipstick and gloss since Samantha was born and the color never gets old!  I have tried a so many of the lip plumpers and I really think that Buxom outshines them all!  They have the best color selection and it really does plump your lips!       

Well, that is my 2 cents on make up.  I hope that you all enjoyed reading this and I also hope that if you know of a good brand to share, that you will share it with the rest of us!

Have a wonderful day and SMILE- it's contagious!

~Casey

Here are a few of my favorite 'deals'!  I also have in here the Sephora wrinkle filler.  It is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment